Q & A with Julia Oram
1. How are you involved with AitD this year?
I have a piece of film in the the Art in the Dark Cinema that explores ideas around what happens in the park during daylight hours- both real and imagined. The work mixes real time images with stop motion and other strategies.
2. What do you do with the rest of your time?
I am a University lecturer in Art and Design.
3. Who do you think should next be resurrected via hologram?
The ancient Egyptian Queen Nefertiti.
4. Any hidden talents?
Clandestine rocket scientist.
5. What is one good thing you do for yourself?
Regular runs with Rosie, my crazy, energetic dog.
6. How do you like to spend Sunday afternoon?
Sundays are for relaxing- cycling, tennis or exploring the city's walkways.
7. If Dr Seuss finished the sentence below it would read
Art in the Dark is at Western Park....
If you want a good blast, you shouldn't walk past.
8. One word to describe art in the dark?
Fun,fun, fun-sorry it had to be repeated.
Check out Julia's project here.