Q & A with Melanie Kassian and Catherine Downs
1. How are you involved with AitD this year?
We are creating an interactive installation which is inviting people to navigate their way through it, leading them off the defined pathways of Western Park.
2. What do you do with the rest of your time?
We are both Year 2 Spatial Design Students at AUT.... so the rest of our time is spent procrastinating Uni by working on Art in the Dark. And when we aren't doing that, we pretend we are a team on My Kitchen Rules.
3. Who do you think should next be resurrected via hologram?
4. Any hidden talents?
Mel: I can turn my tongue into i three leaf clover... does that count? haha
Catherine: Accidentally injuring myself with absolutely any material I work with (from Mel)
5. What is one good thing you do for yourself?
Mel: Restrain my chocolate intake to one bar a day...
Catherine: Pilates once a week
6. How do you like to spend Sunday afternoon?
Mel: I work on Sundays :( but if I had the choice I would probably be having a barbeque on the beach with my friends and family.
Catherine: Having a relaxing afternoon reading a book in the sun.
7. If Dr Seuss finished the sentence below it would read
‘Art in the Dark is at Western Park.....
Through the bark, at Western Park
You'll have a lark, and get a spark
To leave your mark, at Art in the Dark
8. One word to describe art in the dark?
Check out their project here.