Q & A with Out of the Dark & JAMES PENDERGRAST
1. How are you involved with AitD this year?
Out of the Dark is exhibiting this year. We were one of the winners of the Philips competition.
2. What do you do with the rest of your time?
Alexandra Heaney and Angus Muir spend time running their business “Out of the Dark”, specializing in creative lighting based installations within and out of New Zealand. Angus, on a daily basis works for Fresh Concept (Creative Business specializing in Events and Installation). Alexandra works as a freelance designer. James Pendergrast studies spatial design at AUT and works as a graphic designer at Syrup DPI.
3. Who do you think should next be resurrected via Hologram?
4. Any hidden talents?
We are all pyro technicians and James is an amazing composer and musician
5. What is one good thing you do for yourself?
We take time out to party after working hard
6. How do you like to spend Sunday afternoon?
We like to visit various Farmers Markets, catch up on the weeks tv programs we like. Most of all we love going to gigs at Silo park in Wynyard Quarter
7. If Dr. Seuss finished the sentence below it would read
“Art in the Dark is at Western Park…
...Art in the Dark hides at Western park, it shines its crown in early November when the sun goes down!
8. One word to describe art in the dark?
Check out their project here.